Cycling-related deaths are decreasing.
But serious injuries from cycling on the streets are worryingly on the rise.
Setting a new standard in cycling safety wear
the VISIJAX ‘Commuter’ is the WORLD’s FIRST cycling jacket with integrated indicators.
The ULTIMATE cycling safety jacket – with patented LED technology that makes our Commuter jacket award winning.
Balancing a high quality, technical garment that is feather light, 100% waterproof & breathable, with state-of-the-art machine-washable electronics – creates a jacket sets a new banchmark in cycling safety wear. 23 high-intensity waterproof & machine-washable LED’s (white at front, red at rear) with amber motion activated & touch-free Indicators on the front & back arm – all in a highly technical feather-light waterproof, breathable & Teflon® coated cycling jacket. A detachable USB rechargeable battery provides 20+hours use over 3 flash modes (constant or strobe).
Thanks to its state of the art wearable technology, you can rest easy in the knowledge that you will not fail to be seen.
With 23 high-intensity LEDs – white at the front, red at the back, and amber motion-activated, self-cancelling turn indicators on the sleeves – all powered by a rechargeable USB battery good for 20+ hours between charges – the Visijax Commuter sets a new benchmark in cycling safety wear.
A lightweight breathable technical jacket as its base.
At it’s heart, the Commuter is a highly technical cycling jacket.
- 100% Waterproof fabric with taped seams for protection against the weather
- 100% Breathable, it allows perspiration to be released through the fabric even during heavy exertion.
- Teflon® coated for high stain and water-resistance. Dirty water simply rolls off it. When you get home, and a quick wipe is usually enough to make it look like brand new.
The LED’s make all the difference.
But it’s the LEDs that makes the Commuter so special.
- With 23 high intensity 100% waterproof & machine washable LEDs (white at the front, red at the back, and amber on the arms), you will experience visibility, safety and confidence on a whole new level.
- Amber LED indicators on the front and back of each arm are touch-free and self-cancelling – leaving you free to enjoy your cycling and worry less about your visibility and safety.
- The rechargeable battery good for up to 20 hours continuous use between charges.
- As with all VISIJAX® jackets, the Commuter also includes a free ICEid tag (worth £9.99). Click here to find out more…
- The Commuter jacket manufactured to the highest standards by a global leader in electronics-integrated textiles. Their patented technology led to highly coveted awards for product innovation at the CES show in 2015 – the equivalent of the tech industry Oscars.
Welcome to the future of cycling jackets.
RIDER REVIEWS & EXPERIENCE
Our research shows that cycling lights that are located higher up are much more visible, and therefore safer. The Commuter’s lights are already located high up on the front torso. But at the back, they are located lower down on the tail, as otherwise a backpack would cover the LEDs.
That’s why for complete safety, we recommend combining the Commuter jacket with the VISIJAX rucksack or rucksack cover for even better visibility. These will add a further 11 red LEDs at the back, which sit higher up on the back, and therefore more visible when in traffic.
CKL’s test riders who wore the yellow Commuter Jacket with the backpack cover reported a drastic increase in motorist etiquette. Drivers would treat cyclists as they would any other motor vehicle – particularly when indicating to change lanes. The riders felt that having actual LED indicators had the psychological effect on drivers to view the cyclists as any other motor vehicle with indicatiors. The riders experienced a significantly increased feeling of confidence and security.